EDUCATIONAL THINGS TO DO AT HOME
- Ideas for Meaningful & Generally Pixel-Free At-Home Learning by Wade Whitehead
- Help your child learn to read with tips from Reading Rockets
- At-home science experiments with Science Bob
- Learn a new language with Mango Languages (it’s free with a library card)
- Practice computer coding with Scratch
- Click here for some family-friendly virtual exhibits for Online learning and fun
- Ohio Homeschooling Parents is an online support and information network for homeschoolers.
ONLINE RESEARCH RESOURCES
- Explora Primary: Research database for primary grades with digital books, encyclopedia entries, and articles about a wide variety of topics.
- Explora Secondary: Research database for secondary grades with digital books, encyclopedia entries, and articles about a wide variety of topics.
- World Book Early Learning: Videos, games, stories and activities for preschool and early elementary students
- World Book Kids: Digital articles, activities and games about a wide variety of topics.
- World Book Distance Learning Resources: Ideas and tips for using World Book’s resources for at-home learning
RESOURCES FROM PUBLISHERS
- HarperCollins At-Home Resources: Collection of activities featuring HarperCollins books along with links to lots of other at-home learning resources.
- Penguin Classroom: Discussion guides and downloadable activities.